The estimated reading time for this post is 0 minutes
This recipe is one of my favourites. It’s so simple with a delicious result under 20 minutes. It has a beautiful colour with a nourishingly filling flavour.
It is is perfect in the darkest of Winters or the warmest of Summers. It’s said to be best served piping hot in the early days of Winter accompanied with a garlic bread, however I think this soup is great all year round.
Prep / Cook Time: 5 minutes / 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 450 g Frozen Peas (table spoon kept back to serve as decoration)
- 600 ml Milk
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Small bunch of Mint, chopped
- Single Cream for thinning
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
- Chives, chopped
- Heat up the butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Simmer all the above ingredients apart from the cream for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and liquidise.
- Thin out with cream and add seasoning as necessary.
- Garnish servings with a chives, sprinkle of peas and a decorative swirling drizzle of whipping cream.